New District and School Mobile App!
We are excited to announce our new mobile app that is now available on both Apple App Store® and Google Play®. This will allow you to quickly access key school information on the go as well as get notifications on upcoming events, news, and alerts.
Download the App:
- Search for and download the Sierra Sands USD app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Once installed, the first screen will prompt you to enable location services. It is recommended to enable this as the app will automatically use your location and list all schools that are close by.
- If you don’t find your school in the Nearby list, you can use Search to do so.
- Once you locate your school, or schools, select them and click Finish.
- Each school you selected should now be listed within the My Schools icon.
- You can open the My Schools icon, and then select a school to go to that school’s app.
Enable Push Notifications:
- To enable push notifications for News and Alerts, open the Notifications icon on the District app.
- Next, select the gear icon found at the upper-right corner of the Notifications screen.
- First, select Sierra Sands USD and enable notifications for both News and Alerts.
- Next, select the school(s) and enable notifications as desired.
Enable Calendar Event Notifications:
- Calendar event notifications are enabled from our websites, not from the mobile app.
- Go to your school’s website (Or go to the district site at http://www.ssusd.org and select your school from the drop down list located at the upper-left).
- Click on the Calendar link found on the main navigational bar.
- On the main Calendar page, click the small envelope icon that is located just above the calendar (it should say “Subscribe to email alerts” if you hover over it).
- Give it a title (something like District Events, or Burroughs Events, etc…)
- Enter in the email address that you would like these notifications to go to.
- Select how you would like to get these notifications (Immediately, Daily, Weekly).
- Complete the Security Measure and then click Add Alert.
- You will receive an email notification any time a new Calendar item is added to the calendar.
The new mobile app and the calendar notifications are intended to increase school-to-home communications. We also have a Facebook page and a Twitter feed that you can follow to stay as informed as possible on all school activities. Also, if your email address or phone number has changed recently, please let your school(s) know so we can update our records and ensure you are contacted regarding important school and district information.