Meal Payment

  • Meal Payments
    Online (recommended):  Visit Titan website at family.titank12.comfor online payments and online meal applications.
    In person at the School: Prepayment for more than one meal at a time is strongly encouraged and can be made in the early morning at the school cafeterias. This reduces the need for frequent deposits and daily cash handling, enabling the Child Nutrition staff to provide faster and better service. Payment into an account can be for one or more meals. Households with more than one child at the same school should designate the amount of money to be placed into each child’s meal account, as account balances cannot be shared. Cash or checks will be accepted at the school for deposit.
    Please make all checks payable to school site name + “Cafeteria.” Please put your child(ren)’s name on checks or envelope with cash. Account balances may be carried over to the next school year or to another site if your child is moved. Refunds are available with a written request; however, requests for refunds over $10 may take up to two weeks to process.
  • Unpaid Meals and Charge policy



The purpose of this policy is to establish consistent meal account procedures throughout the district. Unpaid meal charges place a financial strain on the Child Nutrition department. The goals of this policy are:

  • To treat all students with dignity in the serving line regarding meal accounts.
  • To support positive situations with district staff, district business policies, students, and parents/guardian to the maximum extent possible.
  • To establish policies that are age appropriate.
  • To encourage parent/guardian to assume the responsibility of meal payments and to promote self-responsibility of the student.
  • To establish a consistent district policy regarding charges and collection of charges.


Child Nutrition Services repeatedly provides meals without the benefit of payment to students who are on full-price status. Children should not go hungry, and at the same time a policy needs to be in place that helps support the Child Nutrition department. To provide guidelines to better handle this situation the following department policy is provided.


Students will be allowed to charge 4 regular meals to their accounts in case they do not have money to pay. It is expected that these meals will be paid for. No alternate meals will be given to students. The parents will be notified of outstanding charges after the second, third, and fourth borrow. Students will be verbally reminded and a note will be sent home to make their parents aware. Parents will need to settle the meal charges in order for the student to continue to participate.

          Community Eligibility Provision

Sierra Sands Unified School District today announced an amendment to its policy for serving meals to students under the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs for the 2018– 2019 school year. All students will be served lunch and breakfast at no charge at the following sites:

Mesquite High School, James Monroe Middle School, Faller Elementary, Gateway Elementary, Inyokern Elementary, and Pierce Elementary Schools

                                      Eat                      Learn             Achieve

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.